Jorg Van Leuken takes Netherlands 2011 title
Last weekend we saw the last race for the 2011 Netherlands 18 Off Road Championship at Pumernend (North Holland)
Jorg was clear favourite for overall victory, but he still had to place at least 3rd to secure the championship. Jeffrey Halsema, racing at home was the favourite to take the race. However, J. Van Leuken managed to TQ at the very last qualifying second.
In the final, local driver Halsema confirmed the forecast and took the victory followed for the new Champion, Jorg Van Leuken.
2011 Champion, Jorg Van Leuken
1. Jeffrey Halsema – Mugen Seiki / O.S Engines
2. Jorg Van Leuken – JQ / JQ / Merlin Fuel
3. Jordy Velder – Serpent / Werks
The overall 2011 Championship:
1. Jorg Van Leuken – JQ / JQ / Merlin Fuel
2. Jeffrey Halsema – Mugen Seiki / O.S. Engines
3. Paul Geelen Mugen – Seiki O.S. / Engines
Follow us in Twitter